[vtkusers] Visualizing a vector field

Reinhard Hameeteman reinhard.afstuderen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 08:33:57 EST 2005

I am trying to visualize a 3d vector field. To achieve this I made the
following pipeline:

XMLImageDataReader->
Cutter (with a Plane as CutFunction)->
Glyph3D (with AwworSource)->
PolyDataMapper->
Actor->
Renderer

Using paraview a similar setup produces the desired result: a plane
with arrows pointing in the direction of the vectors from the input
dataset, scaled by the norm of those vectors. But when I program this
myself the arrows don't get the right orientation and are all oriented
along the x-axis. Should I apply a transform somewhere? Applying it to
the ArrowSource or the Glyph3D only transform the whole dataset
uniformly.

Reinhard