[vtkusers] Problem between vtk-python4.4 and python 2.4

philopensource at hotmail.com philopensource at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 04:20:05 EST 2005

Hi list,
I'm on windows XP with python 2.4.
I tryied to install and use vtk-python4.4 available on the site of mayavi.

There is a conflict between python library on my system and the one
which were used to build vtk-python 2.4.

  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\philippe\Bureau\workspace\pyvisu\pyvilib\visus\vtkPylab.py",
line 5, in ?
    import vtk
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\vtk_python\vtk\__init__.py", line
27, in ?
    from common import *
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\vtk_python\vtk\common.py", line 9,
in ?
    from vtkCommonPython import *
ImportError: Module use of python23.dll conflicts with this version of
Python.

How can i build a vtk-python available on python 2.4?

I have cygwin installed on my computer.
Thanks a lot for the answer,
Philippe Collet