[vtkusers] vtkTkRenderWidget on OSX

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 2 04:27:29 EST 2005

Lise Angell wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> It seems like I have the necessary stuff installed (according to the
> test script test_vtk.py), but when I ran the example you gave I get
> this error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
>   File "/usr/local/encap/VTK-CVS-20050919+0/lib/python2.3/site-packages/vtk/tk/vtkTkRenderWidget.py",
> line 81, in __init__
>     vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets(master.tk)
>   File "/usr/local/encap/VTK-CVS-20050919+0/lib/python2.3/site-packages/vtk/tk/vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets.py",
> line 63, in vtkLoadPythonTkWidgets
>     interp.call('load', filename)
> _tkinter.TclError: image not found

I know nothing about Tkinter, so maybe the short extract from
test_vtk.py I gave there is meaningless (didn't give an error message
for me, though). I would say if you can run test_vtk.py, things should
be OK, and maybe you can take the complete code used there as a starting
point for further experiments.

--
Martin