[vtkusers] Duplication of mesh data.

luisc l.perez at iturribizia.com
Tue Nov 1 17:43:40 EST 2005

Hello.

I'm writing a FEM program and I want to use vtk for pre and post
processing. It seems, that the standard method to do this with vtk is
that the solver writes the FEM solution to a file with vtk format and
then display this data with an vtk application.

I want to do both processes (solution and display) within the same
program, but then, if I use an vtkUnstructuredGrid container and fill it
with node/cell data from FE mesh I'll get the data stored two times in
memory (once in FE mesh and other in the vtkUnstructuredGrid). Isn't
it?.

Is there a procedure to avoid this data duplication?. I've searched the
Internet and this mailing list without success.

As you can read, English is not my native language. Sorry.

Regards.

Luis C. Pérez Tato.
Iturribizia, S.L.
l.perez at iturribizia.com