[vtkusers] Interaction with opacityTransferFunction

Douglas Summers-Stay douglas.summers-stay at philips.com
Wed May 25 10:35:07 EDT 2005

I would like to be able to change my opacityTransferFunction
interactively, by pressing keys on the keyboard.  How can I do this? I
believe I should be adding an observer and overriding the execute()
command, but the details of it have eluded me. My application is written
in C++.
The application loads a volume texture into memory and displays it using
vtkVolumeTextureMapper2D.  I want to be able to rotate it, change the
opacityTransferFunction to the next one I have defined by pressing "[",
rotate it some more, change the function again, and so forth.  Is there an
example program that does something like this?

Douglas Summers Stay