[vtkusers] Capturing Renderwindow frames

Beau Sapach beau.sapach at ualberta.ca
Tue May 24 17:06:58 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create an AVI file from frames captured from a renderwindow
using GetRGBACharPixelData().  For some things I use a timer (MS C++
SetTimer()) to call both Render() and GetRGBACharPixelData(), in that order,
and that works just fine.  Other times I use mouse movement to call Render()
on the RenderWindow and use a timer to call GetRGBACharPixelData().  But
this second method doesn't update fast enough.  If I setup the timer to grab
1 frame per second then it sort of works but when doing something like
drawing a line; the line won't always show until the drawing is complete.
Is there a better way of approaching this?????

Beau