[vtkusers] compile problem

Tom Holroyd tomh at kurage.nimh.nih.gov
Thu May 19 23:21:41 EDT 2005

I'm trying to build octaviz; there's a variable in
vtkAnimationCue.h that conflicts with a define in X11/X.h.

Here's the preprocessor output:

# 42 "/usr/local/include/vtk/vtkAnimationCue.h" 2

class vtkAnimationCue: public vtkObject
{
public:
    protected: void CollectRevisions(ostream& os); public: typedef
vtkObject
Superclass; private: virtual const char* GetClass
    void PrintSelf(ostream& os, vtkIndent indent);

    static vtkAnimationCue* New();

    class AnimationCueInfo
      {
    public:
      double StartTime;
      double EndTime;
      double 0L;
      double DeltaTime;
      };

CurrentTime has been replaced by a 0L.

The following line is from X11/X.h:
#define CurrentTime          0L /* special Time */

I'm on Fedora Core 3, which uses X.org, X Window System Version
6.8.2.

So one solution is to change the name of CurrentTime in
vtkAnimationCue.h, another would be to #undef it before use
there.

Dr. Tom Holroyd
"A man of genius makes no mistakes. His errors are volitional and
are the portals of discovery." -- James Joyce