[vtkusers] Re: [CMake] Unable to Compile CMake Commands???

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu May 19 15:00:41 EDT 2005

Michael Bonner wrote:
> I am using cmake to build vtk on a itanium machine, I built cmake
[snip]
> What does it mean to not be able to compile VTK CMake commands? Is this
> a vtk problem or a cmake problem?

This may means that CMake is getting built as a 32-bit executable but
the commands are getting built as 64-bit DLLs (or the other way around).
  It is probably a VTK problem that stems from a CMake problem.  The CVS
version of VTK no longer uses loaded commands because they require VTK
to be built with an ABI compatible to that with which CMake was built.

Look in the CMake subdirectory of the VTK build tree.  There should be a
project there that is separate from the rest of VTK to build just the
loaded commands.  Try building this project directly to see what error
it gives.

-Brad