[vtkusers] How to use Hardware acceleration in Windows?

Carlos Capdepon carlos.capdepon at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:29:56 EDT 2005

I am a spaniard beginner in VTK and I need Hardware acceleration to
develop a 3D Fractal for basic Benchmark.
My application runs in Windows XP over a GeForce5500 by software rendering.
With only three iterations it moves too slow, of course.
I suppose the method I have to use is SetDeviceContext( HDC )
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow.html#a34

But I don't understand how integrate an HDC in my application made
only with VTK and STL. (Visual 2003)

I have't find any example of it.
If somebody can help, or guide with an example of code.
All my tries fails.

Thanks.