[vtkusers] vtkImageData not aligned on X,Y,Z axes

Jean-Michel Rouet jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Thu May 12 07:08:42 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have an image that come from a MRI scanner. In the dicom file, the axis
orientation with respect to the patient coordinate world are specified.
When I read this image with vtk (going through a raw data image and a
vtkImageImport), I'm able to specify the extent and the origin but not the
orientation.
Therefore, when I display this image (using vtkImagePlaneWidget) the image
is not displayed with the correct orientation.
I tried to find out a way to transform the vtkImagePlaneWidget but to no
avail.

So is there a way to rotate a vtkImageData somehow ?
Any other advice is welcome too...

JM