[vtkusers] vtkDICOMImageReader windows vs linux

Weiguang Guan guanw at rhpcs.mcmaster.ca
Mon May 9 16:47:20 EDT 2005

Hi,

It is said that one should use SetDirectoryName("C:\\data\\dicomDataDir")
rather than SetDirectoryName("C:/data/dicomDataDir") on windows. But my
app crashes on windows (no matter what directory styles I use)  while
works fine on linux.

I tracked it down, and found it crashed at CanReadFile(). Then, I noticed
that the code segment that iterates over every possible dicom file in
ExecuteInformation() has a suspecious statement
	vtkstd::string fileString = this->DirectoryName;
      	fileString += "/";
      	fileString += dir->GetFile(i);
and I wonder why it doesn't have #ifdef _WIN32 for
	fileString += "/" (or "\\")

Weiguang
PS: Once upon a time I did use vtkDICOMImageReader on windows without any
error.