[vtkusers] Human Face Deformation with vtkThinPlateSplineTransform...

强 戴 dqreg at yahoo.com.cn
Sat May 7 01:27:11 EDT 2005

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with the usage of thin plate spline transform.
I have a model of a human body, including its own face shape, and another given human face data. I would like to deform the face on the body to the given face approximately by selecting some control points on both of the faces. I don't know if it's proper for me to use vtkThinPlateSplineTransform, or vtkInterativeClosestPointTransform, or even vtkWarpVector.
I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions.

ps: The body model and the face model may not match each other in scale, do I have to resize them with vtkShrinkPolyData before applying spline transform?

Thanks very much!

Qiang