[vtkusers] Holes with vtkImplicitBoolean and vtkSampleFunction

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Wed May 4 17:44:22 EDT 2005

"TKB 3. Prakt. Corina Farcas" <tkbprak3 at fsg-ship.de> wrote on 04/05/2005
17:51:09:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I am drawing a prism by unifying five planes. I use the classes
> vtkImplicitBoolean and vtkSampleFunction to create the prism. I have a
> lot of those prisms, which I am trying to unify to an object. The
> problem is, that I get holes in my object. Why do I get this holes?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Corina
>
> --

Hi Corina,
   use SetModelBounds to define the region you want to sample and
SetSampleDimensions to define the number of samples within that region.
More samples will increase resolution (and get rid of holes) but will be
slower.
  Dave P