[vtkusers] vtkXYPlot Interaction?

Sander Niemeijer niemeijer at science-and-technology.nl
Tue May 3 05:01:06 EDT 2005

Hi,

Creating an interactive vtkXYPlotActor is by no means an easy effort.
For our VISAN application we had to make some big changes to the
vtkXYPlotActor so it could support interaction (i.e. panning and
zooming) but also to have it support stuff like logarithmic axes. We
further had to adapt the vtkAxisActor2D so it would be able to draw
ticks at arbitrary positions (which is required if you want to allow
panning and want to keep having nice tick values at the same time).

Feel free to use our sources as a base for your own work.

You can get the source code by downloading the VISAN source package
from our BEAT project webpage
(http://www.science-and-technology.nl/beat). In this package you will
find a 'packages' directory with a set of sub-packages. From this
directory unpack the visan-subpkg.tar.gz file and there you will find
in the subdirectory 'visanvtk' all our VTK adaptations.

Best regards,
Sander