[vtkusers] artifacts with HierarchicalDataSet

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 09:50:08 EST 2005

Hi Bernd,

> the AMR/MultiBlock examples were broken when I looked at them a week
> ago, but as of CVS on 3/29 they compile again. Thanks for fixing this so
> quickly!

No problem.

> Going by the examples,
> - MultiBlock seems to give smooth contours through interfaces
> - Hierarchical boxes don't
> It seems the algorithm doesn't handle the change in resolution, or is
> there a way around that?

This is an ongoing project. There will eventually be support for
fixing cracks between levels. Currently, the only special treatment is
for removing overlapping regions across levels. I have also created a
few filters that are useful for AMR datasets. Look for
vtkHierarchicalData* in VTK/Graphics. There will also be an AMR mapper
sometime soon.

-Berk