[vtkusers] scalar visualization question

Bill Greene w_h_greene at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 10:12:19 EST 2005

I'm trying to use vtk to visualize scalar data over a 2D region. I have
seen vtk examples that use color mapping or line-based-contouring to do
this. However, what I want is sometines referred to as discrete shaded
contouring or a fringe plot. This is similar to line-based-contouring
but with the area between the lines filled with a single color.

Is it possible to produce such a graphic with vtk? If so, can someone
point me to an example?

Thanks.

Bill