[vtkusers] 2 rendering windows same camera

Ilinca, Radu rilinca at cg.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Mar 29 13:45:42 EST 2005

Dear List:

I have 2 rendering windows controlled with the same camera. In this way,
whenver I interact with the first window, the similar effect can be
observed in the 2nd windows. however, i have to click first on the 2nd
window in order to see the results (refresh) which is not what I
expected. I want the results to be observable SIMULTANEOUSLY in the 2nd
window. So, in real-time. Have any ideas please ?
Here is my relevant source code:

renderer->SetBackground(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
renderer->AddVolume(volume);
renderer->GetActiveCamera()->Azimuth(20.0);
renderer->GetActiveCamera()->Dolly(1.60);
renderer->ResetCameraClippingRange();
renwin->AddRenderer(renderer);
iren->SetRenderWindow(renwin);

vtkLight *pLight = vtkLight::New();
renderer2->SetActiveCamera(renderer->GetActiveCamera());
pLight->SetPosition(renderer->GetActiveCamera()->GetPosition());
renderer->AddLight(pLight);
renderer2->AddLight(pLight);

renderer2->SetBackground(0.0, 0.0, 0.0);
renderer2->AddVolume(volume);
renderer2->ResetCameraClippingRange();
renwin2->AddRenderer(renderer2);
iren2->SetRenderWindow(renwin2);