[vtkusers] Re: unable to build vtk

Antonio Coralles noche.suapie at reflex.at
Tue Mar 29 05:20:47 EST 2005

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> So, can you answer a few questions.   Did you build cmake,
> or did you get the binary?   If you got the binary, where did
> you get it from?  If you built cmake from source what flags did
> you use?

As a user of gentoo linux i built cmake from source using 'emerge
cmake'. I use the following user defined flags:
-O2 -march=athlon-xp -mmmx -msse -m3dnow -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer

> What is the output of ls -l
> /mnt/saddam/downloads/VTK/CMake/libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so

-rwxr-xr-x  1 antonio users 15828 Mar 26 11:38 libcmVTK_WRAP_TCL2.so

> Basically, cmake builds a shared library and loads into itself.
> The library is strictly "C" code so it should be portable.  Trouble
> can come from 64/32 bit incompatibilities.   Are you running 64 bit?

No, as my flags suggest i've an athlon-xp running with linux-2.6.10.

> -Bill

Thanks for thinking about my problem, which may be a gentoo specific bug ...
antonio