[vtkusers] Linking with OpenGL

Steven Boyd skboyd at ucalgary.ca
Mon Mar 28 07:51:42 EST 2005

Hi,

I recently did a CVS update of VTK and now have a linking problem when I
build my project using MS Visual Studio C++ 6.0 (it's OK on linux and
solaris using gcc 3.2.2).

The problem seems to be related to linking glDisable/glEnable,
specifically for a project that links to Carsten Kuebler's vtk_qt
library.  I'm not convinced that vtk_qt is the source of my problems as
the library compiles without errors (dll) on its own, and only has
problems upon linking to my main VTK project.

Has something changed in the way VTK links to OpenGL in the latest CVS
release?

Regards,

Steve