[vtkusers] Compilers on Windows XP

Luca Picello luca.picello at libero.it
Sun Mar 27 13:06:57 EST 2005

Microsoft compilers are the most used and tested by most VTK users under
Windows platform.
.net 2003 could be nice choice (It is exactly visual studio 6 with some
GUI differences) or there are Borland compilers.
There is BCB 5.5 free compiler if you just need to compile previous code
but for a developer who needs a real debugger I suggest the Borland C++
Builder 6. It rocks with its GUI and WISIWIG. Best debugger on planet,
cool VCL and of course.. not Micro$oft ;-)
But it needs you already code under Windows platform because for VTK you
have to adapt some here and there 'cause lack of CMAKE script support.
Good luck,

Luca