[vtkusers] Display a 2D image beside a 3D object

jean-michel.rouet at philips.com jean-michel.rouet at philips.com
Wed Mar 23 09:41:12 EST 2005

Hi all,

I was wondering how I could split a renderwindow into 2 viewports, having
the left side display a 3D object (polydata), and the right side display a
2D image whose content might change of course.

I'm able to do that almost, by using a vtkImageActor on the right side,
but unfortunately, the camera does not stay still when one click with the
mouse.
So 2 questions:
        is that possible to disable camera movements on the right side
viewport?
        Is there a better vtk class for displaying a 2D image in a
viewport, other than vtkImageActor?

JM