[vtkusers] ImageGaussianSmooth

Jeong-Eun Kwon jeongeunkwon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:22:06 EST 2005

I'd like to do ImageGaussianSmooth to the image in window and then
render it in window. but the result is in 2D shape, not 3D.
I made tiff file with the image which I did ImageGaussianSmooth and it
was ok. I don't know why I can't render it in window.
What's the problem with my code?

	vtkTIFFWriter *writer = vtkTIFFWriter::New();

	vtkWindowToImageFilter *pWindowToImage = vtkWindowToImageFilter::New();
		pWindowToImage->SetInput(pRenWin);

	vtkImageGaussianSmooth *pGaussianSmooth = vtkImageGaussianSmooth::New();
		pGaussianSmooth->SetInput(pWindowToImage->GetOutput());

	pWindowToImage->Modified();

	writer->SetFileName("test.tiff");
	writer->SetInput(pGaussianSmooth->GetOutput());
	writer->Write();

	vtkImageToPolyDataFilter *pImageToPolyData = vtkImageToPolyDataFilter::New();
		pImageToPolyData->SetInput(pGaussianSmooth->GetOutput());

	vtkPolyDataMapper *pMapper = vtkPolyDataMapper::New();
		pMapper->SetInput(pImageToPolyData->GetOutput());

	vtkActor *pActor = vtkActor::New();
		pActor->SetMapper(pMapper);

	pRenderer->RemoveAllProps();
	pRenderer->AddActor(pActor);

My final goal is doing ImageGaussianSmooth to the part of the image in
window, not the whole image like that code. A point is given, then I'd
like to do ImageGaussianSmooth to just surrounding part of that point.
How can I do this?

Kind Regards,
Jeong-eun.