[vtkusers] Cygwin VTK problems with both Python and C++

Viksit Gaur viksit at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 22 23:20:20 EST 2005

Hi Everyone,

I recently installed VTK using Cygwin. I was able to
compile it well enough, and I got the Tcl programs to
run.

My problems are now as follows:
a) I tried using cmake to compile the CXX programs.

Doing cmake -i, and selecting basic options only, I
get the following message:

---
CMake Error: This project, Rendering, depends on the
project VTK. Unfortunately VTK was built using
"msdev", but you are trying to build Rendering using
"make".
---

Now I'm sure I selected g++ in the advanced options,
when doing a cmake -i for VTK itself. How do i proceed
from here? I DO have VC installed, but its being used
for other purposes on this machine, and I don't have
an option to remove it.

b) I then tried compiling the Python support for VTK.
In the CMakeLists file, I enabled the pywrapper
support, and recompiled it. However, on running any Py
script using vtkpython, i get an error saying the
following:

--
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "CADPart.py", line 7, in ?

How would I resolve this? Any help/directions to links
would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Viksit

--
Viksit Gaur

me[at]viksit[dot]com
viksit[at]linux-delhi[dot]org
http://viksit.com

'Not all who wander are lost.'
                  - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring