[vtkusers] vtk-in-dll issue

Yianis Nikolaou yianisn at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 09:57:26 EST 2005

hi to all,
I've been using vtk for a few months now and this list has been very
helpfull so far.
I've come across an issue thought that I've not been able to resolve,
that's why I'm bothering you all ;-)

The application I'm working on consists of several modules (dlls) for structural
analysis using FEM. Two of these dlls use VTK as a static linked library.

I use LoadLibrary/FreeLibrary to load/unload them as needed.

As long as I use only one of them everything works fine. When I try to use them
on after the other, in any order (that is, load the first dll, unload it and
then load the second dll) the program crashes.

Any hints?

Language:C++
Compiler: MS VS .NET 2003
VTK: 4.4 & 4.5