[vtkusers] about DICOM series read

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 19 20:19:32 EST 2005

Hi Yixun

1) Yes, ITK Dicom readers can extract one particular series
   among many from a single directory.

   For an example, please look at:

         Insight/Examples/IO
              DicomSeriesReadImageWrite.cxx
              DicomSeriesReadImageWrite2.cxx

2) Both DICOMImageIO and DICOMImageIO2 are now superseeded
   by the GDCMImageIO which offers more functionalities.

   Examples on how to use GDCMImageIO are available at

                   Insight/Examples/IO

Regards,

   Luis