[vtkusers] Problem with constant sized glyphs

Matt Schmiermund matt at plasticflow.com
Fri Mar 18 13:58:13 EST 2005

When displaying vector data in vtk I am trying to use
glyphs to create a constant sized arrow regardless of
the magnitude. This is easily accomplished using the
SetScaleModeToDataScalingOff() function, but a problem
arrises with vectors of a magnitude of zero. When
scaling according to vector magnitude the nodes with a
zero velocity obviously don't have an arrow indicating
velocity. But with scaling turned off there is an
arrow drawn at every node. And those nodes with a zero
velocity are given an arrow of the same length that
points in the x direction. This clutters the
visualization and I am looking for a way to prevent it
from happenning.

In the glyph class I tried to use the SetRange
function and set it to something like 0.00001 and
9999999999.9. But this didn't fix the problem at all.

If anyone has had a similar problem and knows a way to
fix this I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Matt Schmiermund