[vtkusers] Customized Volume Rendering, and Camera Vision

Jeffrey Meng mengjinjie at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:23:25 EST 2005

Hi all,

I am brand new to VTK, and I find it really extremely valuable as it
encapsulate many useful tools and concepts into a bunch of C++
classes.

I am working on a research project for my course, and I have some
questions that have been bothering me, I wish any of you guys could
give me a hand here. Thanks in advance.

The scenario is, put it a simple way, I am sending a camera into a
colon volume (Built by vtkVolume16Reader), I want to color the area
within camera's vision. Which requires me to:

1. Determine what the camera can see.  (Raycast with all the
triangles? and how?)
2. Change the color of the area that the camera can see. (Change the
color of the triangle votices? and how?)

I am not sure if VTK has provided an easy way to do that. If it does,
I will be more than joyful. If , unfortunately, it's not supported by
VTK at present, please give me a hint of how to get it done based on
what VTK has to offer right now.

Thanks a bunch,

Best,
Jeffrey