[vtkusers] VTK + Blender + Python = fun!

Chris Want cwant at ualberta.ca
Thu Mar 17 12:37:27 EST 2005

Hi folks,

I'm a VTK user at work, a Blender developer
in my spare time, and I like using Python for
all sorts of things. It seems only natural then to
want to use the VTK Python wrappings inside Blender's
built-in Python interpreter, passing geometry
between VTK and Blender. So, I wrote a Python module
to do just that, along with some examples and a brief
document outlining how to do it:

http://www.ualberta.ca/CNS/RESEARCH/Vis/VTKBlender/

Please note that in order for this to be of much use
one should have some knowledge of VTK, Blender,
and Python.

Enjoy!

Chris

--