[vtkusers] vtk instalation linux

yala kaluma yala_aiiii at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:10:45 EST 2005

Hi,

I am trying to install VTK on a Linux computer and I am having problems with
cmake.
whe I try to run cmake in my vtk folder it says that cmake do not find my
c++ compiler.
I am using the gcc/g++compiler.
I tried to set the the environment variable CXX to /usr/bin/gcc with the
command "extract"but it still doesn t work.
It seems like the modifications that i set to CXX are not taken in
consideration. As cmake keeps searching for gcc/g++ in the usr/lib/gcc
directory and keeps giving me feedbacks saying that  usr/lib/gcc is not in
the PATH...
I do not understant, It seems like the way i change the env variable is not
good...
Somebody can tell me how to change the path under linux???
I d apreciate any kind of hint...

please HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
yala