[vtkusers] SetScalarComponentFromFloat() and Python

Lionel Dupuy lxd20 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 14 20:33:16 EST 2005

Dear vtk users

I am using VTK with python to investigate some basic visualisation tools, and I can't get the SetScalarComponentFromFloat() method to work. Here is a sample of code that does not work.

id = vtk.vtkImageData()
id.SetDimensions(100,100,1)
id.SetScalarTypeToUnsignedShort()
id.SetNumberOfScalarComponents(1)
id.SetScalarComponentFromFloat (1, 1, 1, 0,1.0)

Have I missed something? Does the method exist with the python wrapper? Is there any other way to access individual scalars with python?
Any advice will be appreciate, as I am new in VTK. Thanks all!

Lionel