[vtkusers] file handling

yala kaluma yala_aiiii at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 13 16:05:41 EST 2005

Hi,

I am having problem with the script below.
It seems like the compiler doesn trecognize the folder VTK_DATA_ROOT...
So i switched it to the path of the VTKDATA I downloaded (with
Data/masonry.bmp in it). But it still doesn t  work..
I am not sure i understand what VTK_DATA_ROOT represents anyway.

In the VTK folder I downloaded. There is not a whole lot of example written
in C++. If anybody knows the adress of a site where I can find any I would
really apreciate.
How would you write the line
reader SetFileName "$VTK_DATA_ROOT/Data/masonry.bmp"

in C++?

Thank u very much
Yala, true VTK newbie...

package require vtk

# we have to make sure it works with multiple scalar components

# Image pipeline

vtkBMPReader reader

reader SetFileName "$VTK_DATA_ROOT/Data/masonry.bmp"

reader SetDataExtent 0 255 0 255 0 0

reader SetDataSpacing 1 1 1

reader SetDataOrigin 0 0 0

reader UpdateWholeExtent