[vtkusers] Building prebound libraries on Mac OS X

David C. Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Thu Mar 10 14:31:53 EST 2005

> Has anybody tried to build the vtk libraries with the -prebind option
> on the Mac?  When I try I get complaints that the library addresses
> overlap and that prebinding has been disabled.
You should also specify the linker option -prebind_allow_overlap or set
the LD_PREBIND_ALLOW_OVERLAP environment variable. Then, when an
executable is run, redo_prebinding will be run to assign unique segment
addresses to all the libraries that have conflicts. You'll probably also
want to use -headerpad_max_install_names to pad the dynamic shared
library paths out so that install_name_tool can be used to adjust them
to their installed locations later.

	David