[vtkusers] VTK newbie going up learning curve!

Julian Holt jholt at cadfem.com
Thu Mar 10 12:14:06 EST 2005

Guys

Please forgive this basic post but I am new(ish) to VTK and need to get up
to speed quickly....

I am writing an app that displays Finite Element models + scalar results and
I could do with a bit of help w.r.t which calls to research

Basically this is what I will need to do in our app....

1. Display 3 or 4 sided faces with scalar data at vertex points (A Finite
Element model + results)
2. Dynamically zoom in/out + pan + rotate via mouse
3. Click on vertex (node) points to interrogate the scalar values
4. change the scalar data contour limits and colours to re-plot as required
5. Hide parts of the model

I have both the VTK books and will be taking them home tonight for a bit of
light reading :-)

But...... there are over 600 calls so it's a little bewildering...

Any pointers to calls/commands to check out would be great. I suspect that
what I am trying to do is pretty basic and only needs a handful of calls?

Thanks

Julian Holt