[vtkusers] Cutting through different images

Sebastian Klocke klocke at rob.uni-luebeck.de
Tue Mar 8 10:55:55 EST 2005

Hello,

I still got a problem when cutting through different images. I use
vtkImageReslice to apply a cutting plane to different vtkImageData
components, which I keep to have certain regions with a higher
resolution than others.
When the cutting plane is outside of an vtkImageData component, I can
hide the empty (black) cut with vtkLookupTable and vtkImageMapToScalars.
But with some (oblique) cutting planes, a part of the result is black
due to interpolation and I get small streaks of black between the cut
results of the different images. I cannot solve this with MirrorOn() or
vtkMirrorPad as this leads to too much information being duplicated and
the result will contain information where none should be.
I'm searching for a way to add a margin to each vtkImageData, containing
values from the neighbouring volume, maybe made transparent. That way,
if there is no neighbour, the interpolation will occur with empty cells
being taken into account, and if there is a neighbour, the interpolation
will occur with the correct values. Does anyone have a solution or hints
on how to do this?

Regards,
Sebastian