[vtkusers] Showing orthogonal slices

Hendrik Belitz h.belitz at fz-juelich.de
Tue Mar 8 04:43:08 EST 2005

For an medical application, I want to show three orthogonal slices of a volume
dataset.
Extracting these slices via vtkImageDataGeometryFilter provides good results,
but produces large meshes which slow down the application significantly
(there's also a lot of additional geometry shown in the application).
A much better solution would be to extract the image slices and show them as a
texture on a simple plane. My problem is to find a suitable vtk class to
extract an 2D vtkImageData slice from a 3D vtkImageData dataset. Does anyone
of you has some advice on this?

Regards
Hendrik

Hendrik Belitz