[vtkusers] implicitPLaneWidget wont change color

Burlen burlen at apollo.sr.unh.edu
Thu Jun 30 16:57:18 EDT 2005

Hi I'm using the implicit plane widget in a white background, so when I create the widget I set its outline color to black. The problem is when it gets rendered the outline stays white until I click on the render window interactor...

what can I do to make the change in color take place imediatly?

here is my code relating to the plane widget:

cutPlaneNormalCallback *updatePlaneNormal = new cutPlaneNormalCallback((fmConfigCutPlane*)this);

pwid = vtkImplicitPlaneWidget::New();

pwid->SetInteractor(thisModule->rwi);
pwid->SetInput(bbox);
pwid->SetPlaceFactor(1.05);
pwid->PlaceWidget();
pwid->SetOrigin(bbox->GetCenter());

pwid->SetNormal(0.0,0.0,1.0);
pwid->GetOutlineProperty()->SetColor(0,0,0);
pwid->GetPlaneProperty()->SetColor(pwid->GetSelectedPlaneProperty()->GetColor());
pwid->GetNormalProperty()->SetColor(pwid->GetSelectedNormalProperty()->GetColor());
pwid->OutlineTranslationOff();

pwid->On();
pwid->AddObserver(cutPlaneNormalCallback::InteractionEvent, updatePlaneNormal);
//pwid->Off();
//pwid->On();

pwid->Modified();
thisModule->rwi->Modified();