[vtkusers] [Re] vtk 4.2 (carbon) on MacOS X Tiger doesn't work

Nono BEZMan nonobezman at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 23 18:54:05 EDT 2005

Sean,

It indeed looks like I might need luck, and a lot ;-(

I have tried to compile cvs VTK with Tiger (and Java
wrapping) for months now to no avail.

Your comments brought hope, but unfortunately I am
stuck again with one of the old bugs coming from using
gcc 4.0 (your message suggested that it should have
compiled fine with gcc 4.0, so I remove the hack from
CMakeDefaultMakeRuleVariables.cmake):

/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc.a(_divdi3.o)
private external definition of ___divdi3 in section
(__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.0/libgcc_s.dylib(_divdi3.o)
definition of ___divdi3

I will try to change the
CMakeDefaultMakeRuleVariables.cmake again (and add the

AND NOT APPLE hack) to where I go, but I do think I
will be stuck with a bunch of compile error again.

Sean, if you happen to have some libs for Mac (of the
cvs version), using Carbon (and hopefully Java), I'll
take them as I am quite desperate to see anything work
on Mac any day soon.

Otherwise, how do you precisely go about compiling it
under Tiger: do you midify the vtkJavaAwt.h, the
CMakeDefaultMakeRuleVariables.cmake, etc..????

Thanks very much for your contribution.