[vtkusers] Re: How to have only ambient lighting?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Thu Jun 23 04:06:15 EDT 2005

Hi Sean,

Did you try:

actor->GetProperty()->SetAmbient(1);
actor->GetProperty()->SetDiffuse(0);

for each of the plane actors?

hth

Goodwin

"Sean McBride" <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote in message
news:20050622221247.9889 at smtp10.qc.aibn.com...
Hi again all,

I have a simple scene: 3 perpendicular planes with the same image as a
texture on all 3.

Only problem is: how do I turn off the lighting effects?  I want to have
only ambient light, but it looks like there is a spotlight or
something.  Since each plane has the same texture I want to see the
exact same colours on each plane, currently a plane gets darker as it
becomes parallel to the camera.  I've attached a screenshot to show what
I mean (dunno if the list allows attachments).

Thanks!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com