[vtkusers] vtkexpat.dll ??

Prathap Nair ee04639 at elec.qmul.ac.uk
Thu Jun 16 09:07:53 EDT 2005

Hiya,

I am using VTK 4.2 on Windows XP with VC++ 6.0 and am completely new to VTK. I have been trying to run the example code in order to get a hang of what VTK is all about. At the start I got a lot of errors during build which I have taken care of one by one using the Mailing List Archive :) . Finally now I am left with one error for which I have not found any help,

--------------------Configuration: TestExample - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "vtkexpat.dll"
Error executing link.exe.

TestExample.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I get this error message when i try to build any of the examples and the file "vtkexpat.dll" is not present in my bin folder.

What do I do? :(
Thanks for your help !

Regards,

Prathap Nair