[vtkusers] mesh quality using vtkDelaunay3D

Prashanth Dumpuri prashanth.dumpuri at vanderbilt.edu
Wed Jun 15 12:25:40 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-06-11 at 10:31 +1000, Andrew Maclean wrote:
> Which do you think looks better?
>
> To me the smoothed marching cubes surface looks far better than the other
> one.
>
> Delaunay3D triangulations do not always provide the optimum triangulation it
> is also sensitive to the tolerance parameter.
>
> Andrew
The marching cubes looks better. But it is a surface (triangulated)
description of the MR volume. I'm trying to create a tetrahedral mesh
from that surface using vtkDelaunay3D.
Please do let me know if there is any other vtk filter that can create a
tetrahedral mesh from a marching cubes surface.
Thanks
Prashanth