[vtkusers] Re: vtkBMPImageReader: Can ot read 32 bit BMP?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Jun 13 19:20:26 EDT 2005

Hi Jichang,

vtkBMPReader justs read 8bit and 24bit images. It will return an error if it
comes across 16bit or 32bit images.

You could updated the code yourself to read 32bit images or post it as an
idea to the bug tracker http://www.vtk.org/Bug

hth

Goodwin

"Jichang-Startech" <jichang at startechsoft.net> wrote in message
news:10c901c5705c$a5ff47c0$0200a8c0 at STARTECH1...
We found that the vtkBMPImageReader in V4.2 can not read 32 bit BMP file.

Is it true? Or we have something wrong.

We have several BMP files in 32bit and can not directly read them by VTK.
However, after we converted them to 24 bit using other BMP reader, we can
read them fine.

Thanks for the explanation.

Jichang