[vtkusers] Tying image to the window

Abhi Rampal a_rampal at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 10 15:28:44 EDT 2005

Good Day,

I have written a program that opens up dicom images. When I maximize the
viewing window the dicom image doesnot maximize with the window, i.e. it
stays the same size. I wrote two sets of programs to view the the dicom
slicers, one using vtkImageViewer and the other using vtkImageMapper,
vtkActor2D, vtkRenderer, vtkRenderWindow. The idea with the latter was to
tie the actor to the renderer and the renderer to the window. This did not
solve the problem. I was using the idea of stl reader in the VTK user's
guide book. I know of vtkMagnifyImage but I don't think this will solve the
problem.

The code to read in the dicom images that I use is:

	reader->SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian();
	reader->SetDataExtent(0,511,0,511,1,49);
	reader->SetFilePrefix("C:\\vtk\\test\\quarter");
	reader->SetDataMask(0x7fff);
	reader->Update();

Thank you and with kind regards,

Abhi