[vtkusers] Nonblocking vtkRenderWindowInteractor

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Fri Jun 10 12:43:30 EDT 2005

In general, it isn't thread safe.  You can search the mailing list
archives for lots of previous discussions about threading, and how to
included and use vtk in a threaded application.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish, but sometimes threading
is an unnecessary and more difficult alternative to using timers or
writing your own event loop that handles window events plus other stuff
(console input, sockets, etc...).  Timers are easy, and I can provide
samples of the latter for Windows, Unix, and Mac, or post them somewhere.

Clint