[vtkusers] Link error building VTK 4.4 on Mac OS 10.4 with gcc 4.0 (but not 3.3)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Thu Jun 9 15:43:05 EDT 2005

On Jun 9, 2005, at 2:16 PM, Sean McBride wrote:

> On 2005-06-09 13:35, Mathieu Malaterre said:
>
>>> I changed 5 files (all minor syntax issues) and would like to submit
>>> them back.  From what I can tell, the proper procedure is to open a
>>> bug
>>> and attach my changed files... is this so?
>>>

>> Correct. Thanks for your feeback and time on this issue.
>
> No problem, it is bug 1921.
>
> The other day Amy S. suggested I use version 4.4 but now it looks like
> I'll be using the 'latest and greatest'.  What is the state of the code
> in CVS, is it stable or very experimental?  I am somewhat hesitant to
> be
> using it, but since it complies.... :)

<joke>Well even debian stable came out !</joke>There will soon be a VTK
5.0 released. More seriously there has been tons of work done in
between 4.4 and the next to come 5.0. I don't think you are doing
anything wrong by using CVS for a few time before using 5.0. Also keep
in mind that VTK follow a strong dvpt process with nightly dashboard,
this is rare that the dashboard is broken for more than a few days
(honest!).

More info on the public VTK dashboard:

      http://public.kitware.com/dashboard.php?name=vtk

Regards, and thanks for the patch,