[vtkusers] VTK CVS build on OSX 10.4 fails...any ideas?

Dan White dan at chalkie.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 11:05:02 EDT 2005

Hi,

  I am trying to make a VTK CVS build on an apple  G5 with 10.4 Tiger.
     using the apple supplied gcc 4
       for this project:
     www.bioimagexd.org

     I'm getting errors in the linking stage...
     looks like some symbol has the same name in the gcc libs as in
vtk or
     something:

     when building libvtkImaging.dylib I get
     ld: multiple definitions of symbol
     in
     libgcc.a and libgcc_s.dylib
     the symbols are
     ___divdi3
     and
     ___udivdi3

     Before killing myself trying to fix it,

     I wondered if you had any good tips for getting the OSX 10.4
build to

     work with the current CVS

     cheers

     Dan

Dr. Daniel James White BSc. (Hons.) PhD
Bioimaging Coordinator
Nanoscience Centre and Department of Biological and Environmental
Sciences
Division of Molecular Recognition
Ambiotica C242
PO Box 35