[vtkusers] please help me

Sivasundaram Suharnan ssivasundaram at axiohelix.com
Sat Jun 4 20:57:17 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I love you use the VTK, but install from source looks very hard for me
as I am a beginner
I would like to use the pre install binary. I
would like to use the imageJ plug in call ij-vtk
I follow the steps what is written there

  IJ Plugins: 3D Toolkit

http://ij-plugins.sourceforge.net/

the install is written at

http://ij-plugins.sourceforge.net/3d-toolkit/index.html

   1.  Follow the link
      <https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=44711&package_id=46607>
      and download latest ij-3D-Toolkit_bin_*.zip.

   2. Locate your ImageJ plugins folder.

   3.Remove from ImageJ plugins folder sub directories named '3D IO'
      and '3D Toolkit', if their exist.

   4.Unzip content of ij-3D-Toolkit_bin_*.zip into ImageJ plugins folder

   5.Add ij-plugins-tookit.jar to ImageJ class path. One of the ways to
      do it is by extending classpath in ImageJ startup script, for
      instance on Windows:

$ java -cp ij.jar;plugins/ij-plugins-toolkit.jar ij.ImageJ

      On Unix like systems (including Linux and Mac OS X) the command
      would be almost the same:

$ java -cp ij.jar:plugins/ij-plugins-toolkit.jar ij.ImageJ

      The only difference is that on Windows you use ';' to separate
      elements of a classpath, on Unix like systems you use ":". General
      information about installing ImageJ can found on the ImageJ
      installation page
      <http://rsb.info.nih.gov/ij/docs/install/index.html>.

   6.To use VTK filters add path to VTK Java classes typically located
      in vtk.jar. VTK binaries and source code are available at
      www.vtk.org <http://www.vtk.org/>.

   7.Restart ImageJ

I thought the problem is with step6, because the other application with use VTK call annot3D aslo
give me the same error
it also says C:/martin/vtk/... not found

is it because of hard code in some ware? I don't have any folder starting with martin.

then I try to install from source code, I able to but not all the classes are input on it
and it is not full fitting for my needs.

Best regards,

Suharnan