[vtkusers] vtk4.4 on MacOSX 10.4 64-bit build (Budd Hirons)

Marwan Darwish darwish at aub.edu.lb
Thu Jun 2 02:36:56 EDT 2005

Hi Budd

I have build vtk with gcc 4.0 (and cmake 2.05), there are a couple of
bugs related to enum in vtkCocoaView, if I remember properly, but
otherwise it run smoothely.
The problems I expeienced are related to xcode 2, as I could not use
vtk within a code that wasw working fine with xcode 1.5. Since the
examples and tutorials of vtk were running properly when compiled
using cmake, I tried using an old xcode 1.5 project, without
upgrading it to the native build system in xcode 2.0 and things worked.

I am still investigating what is going wrong in xcode 2 native build.

take care
Marwan Darwish