[vtkusers] vtk beginner help

Justin hanloj at rpi.edu
Wed Jun 1 11:24:17 EDT 2005

I am new to vtk and want to know a few things about it.  I have it
installed on my computer and have been reading many tutorials online
about it.  I was able to start out by making a simple sphere.  I do not
have much programming experience however.  Is vtk a program which
requires a great about of programming knowledge in order to use?

Also, I want to be able to use vtk to filter out different organs from
CT scans of a human body.  Will I be able to do this with vtk, or is vtk
mainly used for creating 3d imaging.

Justin