[vtkusers] VTK and Eclipse

paul at opes.com.au paul at opes.com.au
Wed Jun 1 01:39:04 EDT 2005

Eclipse is an IDE **not** a compiler

Unless CMake knows which compiler you will use how can it decide what command
switches etc to use. Sure CMake doesn't produce Eclipse project/make files but
importing libraries isn't that hard.

Microsoft command line tools not the MSDEV IDE are available free from microsoft
as are the Borland command line tools. With either of these you can build VTK to
your own liking or just use the pre-built DLL's

Paul Tait