[vtkusers] VTK42 & Python2.3 on XP SP2

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu_r at users.sf.net
Thu Jul 28 13:11:16 EDT 2005

    James> work? I think vtkCommonPython.dll could be modified to
    James> expect python23.dll and that would work? Or do I have to do
    James> a full build from source myself? (I have tried supplying
    James> python21.dll and renaming python23.dll as python21.dll but
    James> neither trick worked, unsurprisingly.)

Look here:

 http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/InstallVTKPythonOnWin32

Look at the lower half of the instructions.  Basically, go here:

 http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/dwnld/vtk/win32/

Follow the instructions for the VTK-4.4 dlls here:

 http://mayavi.sourceforge.net/dwnld/vtk/win32/readme.txt

You should be set.

If you need to ever do a fresh Python install with a whole bunch of
scientific python tools get this:

 http://www.enthought.com/python

cheers,
prabhu